The Freedom of Information Act requires every public authority to have a publication scheme, approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights.
About the scheme
The scheme sets out our commitment to make certain classes of information routinely available, such as policies and procedures, minutes of meetings, annual reports and financial information. The information we release in accordance with the publication scheme represents the minimum we must disclose.
If you would like information not listed in the scheme, you can request it by submitting a freedom of information request.
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
- Council Constitution
- Council democratic structure – see How we make decisions and Committee Structure
- Organisational structure
- Location and opening times of council properties
- Currently elected councillors’ information and contact details
- Contacting the Council
- Election results
- Relationships with other authorities and organisations
- Shared Staffing Agreement with Wandsworth Borough Council
- How we work
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
- Budget books
- Budgets and spending
- Payments to suppliers (over £500)
- Purchase order payments
- Internal and external audit reports
- Inspection of election expenses
- Contract Register
- Voluntary sector grant funding
- Councillors' allowances and expenses
- Officers' pay and expenses, including grading structure
- Trade Union Facility Time
- Fraud investigations
- Internal financial regulations can be found in the Council's constitution
Our priorities and how we are doing
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
- Authority Monitoring Report (part of Local Plan)
- Corporate Plan
- Additional Policies and Plans
- Strategies developed in partnership with other authorities
- Local Economic Assessment
- Forward plans
- Capital Strategy documents are attached to the Council's budget books
- Authority Monitoring Report
- DataRich contains various statistical data about the borough
- Equality Impact Needs Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Corporate Customer Standards
- Retention and Disposal Schedule
How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
- Information on the policies and procedures for conducting Council business is available in the Council Constitution
- Policies and plans
- Pay policy statement
- Policies and procedures about the recruitment and employment of staff
- Customer services standards
- Data protection policy
- Records management policy
- Charging regimes and policies
- Details of fee payable for archived committee meeting footage
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
- Empty properties FOI requests
- Councillors' register of interests, including details of any gifts or hospitality
- Master Contracts Register
- Public health funerals
- Council land and property assets
- Register of Assets of Community Value
- Parking revenue
- Controlled parking spaces
- Common Land and Village Green register
- Highways register
- Licensing register
- Electoral Register
- Workforce data
Services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
Transparency Code 2015
We also publish information that is specifically required by the Local Government Transparency Code 2015.
Updated: 21 December 2020